Gingerbread, gingerbread, gingerbread rocks! Are you guys done with pumpkin treats yet? I am, and I am totally in love with gingerbread right now. I could probably eat gingerbread-something-or-other every day right now and not get tired of it. I love, love, love the combination of molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. It’s definitely magical but leaves something to be desired – a cup of coffee or a glass of milk to wash it down!
Now take that magical combination and add in some chocolate – yumm! I know I’ve got your attention now. Think Gingerbread Donuts plus chocolate, or Chocolate Cake with ginger and molasses – we are on a roll now coming up with new ideas to please our gingerbread-loving-palates.
Well, you could top my Gingerbread Donuts with chocolate frosting and call it good. Or, you could make these super easy-peasey Chocolate Gingerbread Bars. Two bowls, 11 ingredients, and one pan until these perfectly sweet, chocolaty, gingerbread bars are cooling on your counter. Share some with your friends and family and they will tell you that you are a genius in the kitchen.
These gluten-free chocolate gingerbread bars would make a great addition to any holiday baking list. If you’re looking for additional cookie recipes to add to your “must bake” list, there are 17 more delicious gluten-free cookie recipes below with giveaways in each post. No need to look anywhere else for the best holiday cookies, we’ve got you covered.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature**
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream**
- ** Substitution Solution: Use dairy-free butter and dairy-free yogurt to make these bars dairy-free.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, coconut sugar, molasses, egg, and sour cream until smooth. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan. Smooth the top, or tap lightly on the counter.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Looking for more recipes to make this holiday season? I’ve teamed up with 17 other gluten-free bloggers for a gluten-free cookie exchange! The recipes look fabulous and I’m excited to try them all!
Check out all 18 recipes in our virtual gluten-free cookie exchange, listed in the order they appear in the photo, left to right, row by row:
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies Recipe from Vegetarian Mamma
- Gluten-free Vegan Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Only Taste Matters
- Gluten-free Vegan Ninjabread Men Recipe from Flippin’ Delicious
- Gluten-free Vanilla Wafers Recipe from gfJules
- Gluten-free Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cookies Recipe from Making It Milk Free
- Gluten-free Strawberry Thumbprints Recipe from Learning to Eat Allergy-Free
- Gluten-free Holiday Sandwich Cookie Assortment Recipes from Go Dairy Free
- Gluten-free Cranberry Lime Cornmeal Cookies Recipe from Cafe Johnsonia
- Gluten-free Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe from Faithfully Gluten Free
- Gluten-free No Bake S’mores Cookies Recipe from My Gluten-free Kitchen
- Gluten-free Dairy-free Sugar Cookies Recipe from Allergy Free Alaska
- Gluten-free Pfeffernusse Recipe from Fearless Dining
- Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe from Maebells
- Gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Gluten-free Chocolate Gingerbread Bars Recipe from Gluten-Free Palate
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Gluten-free Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe from Gluten-free Frenzy
I am giving away a gluten-free prize pack worth over $50 to one of my readers. The giveaway ends at 11:59 pm on December 19th. Don’t forget to check out the recipes above and enter their giveaways as well. Their are lots of great prizes to be won!
a Rafflecopter giveaway