Learn how to make a blackberry cream cheese pie using only a few ingredients. This blackberry cream cheese pie recipe is smooth, creamy, and has the perfect graham cracker crust. It’s like a gluten free no bake cheesecake but better.
For more dessert recipes check out my Gluten Free Desserts section.
Cream Cheese Pie
My sister and I have been making this recipe since we were little. It was one of our favorite cream cheese pie recipes to make during the summer. We’d pick blackberries from a near by field and run to the kitchen and make blackberry cream cheese pie.
This cream cheese pie recipe is that easy. Back then we used graham crackers to make this blackberry cream cheese pie but now we make it with our own gluten free graham cracker crust. You can use your favorite graham cracker crust in this cream cheese pie recipe.
This recipe is basically a gluten free no bake cheesecake. It uses the same ingredients and is similar to a jello no bake cheesecake, but it’s gluten free and uses standard ingredients found in most kitchens.
Are jello no bake cheesecakes gluten free
We loved making jello no bake cheesecakes when we were little, but they aren’t gluten free. Maybe some day they’ll come out with a gluten free version but until then you should make this blackberry cream cheese pie. It’s actually better than a jello no bake cheesecake and it doesn’t have a bunch of weird ingredients in it.
Can I make this dairy free
I haven’t tried using diary free cream cheese in this cream cheese pie recipe. I’d imagine it would work since you don’t bake this gluten free no bake cheesecake. If you use dairy free cream cheese please come back and let me know how it turned out.
For the graham cracker crust you can use my recipe, or you can use your favorite graham cracker crust recipe. Just a note that my recipe doesn’t use graham crackers. It uses ingredients that taste like graham crackers, when combined.
How to make cream cheese pie crust
- In a food processor, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and butter.
- Process until finely chopped (Approximately 30 seconds).
- Pour crust mixture into a 8″ glass pie pan.
- Press pie crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until it starts to brown.
Super easy, right? This cream cheese pie crust uses ingredients found in most pantries and you don’t have to buy graham crackers.
Ingredients in cream cheese pie
- graham cracker crust
- cream cheese
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
I like to make blackberry cream cheese pie. But you can use your berry of choice in the cream cheese pie recipe.
How to make cream cheese pie
- Prepare your graham cracker crust as directed.
- Combine 3 cups of berries and water in a medium sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice and bring back to a boil.
- Boil for two minutes then remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- When the berry filling is cool, in a separate medium mixing bowl blend cream cheese and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cooled berry filling and blend until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Top with remaining blackberries.
- Pour the remaining blackberry syrup evenly over the top of the cream cheese pie.
- Chill for an hour or until you are ready to serve.
This blackberry cream cheese pie reminds me so much of gluten free no bake cheesecake. We love using fresh and frozen blackberries when we make this cream cheese pie recipe.
Tips for making cream cheese pie
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start.
- You can use fresh or frozen blackberries.
- You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice.
- Don’t substitute any ingredients on your first try.
- Let the cream cheese pie chill for at least an hour before cutting into it.
Did you make these cream cheese pie? Did you think it was similar to a gluten free no bake cheesecake? Leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know what you thought.
Happy baking and cooking,
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 354 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 322mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g