This tender, chocolaty Gluten-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Sundae takes the ordinary mug cake to the next level with chocolate and coconut throughout.
This recipe was sponsored by Ryze. Opinions are my own.
There is such a beauty in the convenience of a mug cake.
I know I’m not the only one who gets a craving for something sweet, but the time commitment of making cookies/brownies/any other treat is devastating to my sweet tooth.
Enter mug cakes.
I want to send a personal thank you to the first person who realized that making a cake inside of a mug in my microwave in roughly 5 minutes was possible, because my life has truly been blessed.
What makes this particular Gluten-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Sundae so incredibly special is that it’s far from plain; no plain chocolate mug cakes for us (well, sometimes we just want a chocolate one).
The flavors of chocolate and coconut that you find in German Chocolate Cakes takes this Gluten-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Sundae to an entirely new level.
Perfectly tender, with that spongy top layer when you first sink your spoon into the mug.
And the cake itself is not overly sweet.
I feel like a lot of mug cakes are achingly sweet, but this one is moderate in the sweet department, and the coconut is the perfect touch.
Why have just a mug cake, when you can have a mug cake sundae?
You can enjoy this Gluten-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake plain, or make it into a sundae like I did here.
This recipe is so quick and convenient, and you can choose which toppings to top it with.
I recommend fresh diary-free whipped cream or dairy-free ice cream.
I can’t stress how convenient and easy this Gluten-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Sundae is to make, and how absolutely satisfying it is to eat.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Ryze Yellow Bag Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- Dairy-free whipped cream or dairy-free ice cream for topping
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, oil, dairy-free milk, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Add cocoa, Ryze flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the batter with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- Divide batter between two 8-10oz. mugs.
- Microwave each for 60-90 seconds or until risen and firm on the top.
- I always recommend starting with the lower time. You can check your cake for doneness and add more time if needed.
- Top with a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of shredded coconut on top of your sundae.
This post is sponsored by Ryze. I was compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.