Rich, fudgy Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie. Whether you are just starting a gluten-free diet, are an expert gluten-free baker, or are looking for a quick and easy dessert, this Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie is for you!
Cookie in a Mug
I hate turning on the oven when it's hot. Even with air conditioner on, it seems to turn the house into a sauna. Surprisingly, our temperatures have already hit 90 degrees in Oregon. That's crazy early for us. I hadn't planned on turning on my air conditioning until at least the end of June.
Our house stays pretty cool unless I turn on the oven - which is like, every day! I'm a gluten-free baker and blogger. I can't help it.
Knowing that this week was going to be particularity warm, I decided to redo some photos from the mug cookie and cake recipes on my website. This allowed me to keep refreshing the photos without turning on the oven AND we were able to enjoy sweet treats in the process.
Cookie in a mug! You're going to love how easy this gluten free double chocolate chip cookie in a mug is to make. It's rich, chocolatey, and perfect for a quick treat. And you don't need to turn on the oven.
Mug Cookie Recipe
I made all three of my other gluten-free mug cake and cookie recipes, but we had a problem. There are four of us and not enough desserts to go around. I quickly whipped up this Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mug cookie using the cocoa and vanilla that Rodelle had just sent me.
I love, love, love Rodelle products and don't think I could ever go back other brands after trying and falling in love with their extracts and cocoa.
Each one is super easy to make, uses minimal ingredients, requires almost no cleanup and again, you don't have to turn on the oven. Even if it's not hot where you live, or it's a cooler month, this is a time-saver.
Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie Recipe
If you have not tried mug cakes and cookies, you need to try this recipe! You will appreciate how easy it is and how few ingredients are required. You can whip this up in minutes. The texture and chocolaty flavors that make up this Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie are so pleasing, you won't be able to help but lick your spoon.
I've also sprinkled some sea salt flakes on this, and let me tell you, it brings this mug cookie to a whole new level. If you want to make this more like a black-tie brownie, you can add in white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips for an even richer flavor.
If you make this Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie please stop back by and let me know what you thought.
Pin for later:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free chocolate chips
- Place butter and sugars in a large microwaveable mug (10oz. - 14oz). Heat in the microwave until butter is melted, approximately 30 seconds. Add vanilla, salt, and egg yolk. Stir until combined. Add flour and unsweetened cocoa and stir again. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly incorporated.
- Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until risen and firm on the top. The time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug. I recommend starting with the lowest time and adding time if needed. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools.
- Serve warm with ice cream or eat it plain with a spoon. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free Substitution Solution - Use coconut oil or vegan butter instead of butter and gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips to make this dairy-free!
Serving Size:1 half cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g