Rich, and fudge-like, these gluten-free, dairy-free cookies are incredibly easy to make and bake up in no time. You’re going to want to add these Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies to your to-make list.
Chocolate! If you’re anything like me, and you love chocolate, you are going to love these cookies. They don’t have a ton of sugar in them, like a lot of cookies, and they are fudge like.
The addition of the gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips makes these cookies “Double” chocolate cookies. And I can’t turn down a double chocolate anything.
These cookies remind me of a brownie mixed with chocolate cake. They have this soft, but chewy texture and they are rich without being too sweet.
My girls are my official taste-testers and they said these cookies are perfect.
They asked to take one each day in their lunch and convinced me to make two more batches so they could share with their friends at the bus stop.
Anytime they ask me to make extras to share I know I have a winning recipe. We packaged the cookies up in groups of four, and tied a ribbon around them and handed them out to all the friends.
These Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip cookies earned starred reviews from everyone who had the chance to try them.
The one downside to sharing with your friends at the bus stop is the start to expect treats each week. Now I feel like I have to make double of everything so we can share. We do love to share, and we love showing people how easy and tasty gluten-free recipes can be.
If you like these cookies, you’ll love my Gluten-Free Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, and my Gluten-Free Mocha Muffins. Texan Erin Baking has a thick, chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe if you’re looking for a grain-free treat.
If you want a cookie with frosting, you MUST try my friend Brianna’s Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies. They are some of my favorite. She also has a Coconut Flour Cookie for those looking for a grain free version.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose gluten-free flour ( I used Ryze Blue Bag)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free dairy-free dark chocolate chips, divided in half
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the oven rack in center of oven. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small microwaveable safe bowl, heat ¾ cup chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time until melted (about 90 seconds).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, dairy-free butter, and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the remaining ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by measured tablespoonful, two inches apart, onto the baking sheet. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set in the center. Remove from the oven and cool for 3-5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: This recipe was sponsored by Ryze. Opinions are my own.