An incredibly flavorful dish loaded with beef, veggies, and a spicy sauce, this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
I may never go for takeout again. This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is THAT good.
It’s even better (and healthier) than the restaurant version. From preheat to releasing the steam, this Instant Mongolian Beef will be on your table in 30 minutes.
I like to make the rice, and clean up while the Instant Pot is doing it’s magic.
Before you know it, dinner is ready.
Most Mongolian Beef recipes served at restaurants have little to no vegetables. Usually just green onions.
I love putting onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms in mine. If you don’t like one of these, you can simply leave them out.
This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is a spin of my popular Gluten-Free Mongolian Beef Recipe.
If you don’t have an instant pot, you still can make this tasty meal.
The sauce is spicy, and a little sweet making it the perfect match to serve with a sticky rice or basmati rice. Basmati rice is our family’s favorite.
I like to top mine with sesame seeds and additional green onion. My husband likes his extra spicy and adds a dash of chili oil.
This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is amazing as left overs too.
Not only is this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s healthy to boot. It’s high in protien and low in carbs (especially when served over cauliflower rice). If you are looking for a quick rice recipe, this Instant Pot Rice is super quick to make.
If you like simple Instant Pot Recipes, you’ll love my Instant Pot (Slow Cooker) Beef Short Ribs. If you are looking for a slow cooker version, I also have a recipe for Savory Beef Short Ribs that works in a slow cooker.
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free low sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free chile paste with garlic
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch of green onions, cut into 2-inch strips
- Combine the first seven ingredients for the sauce; set aside.
- Add sliced sirloin, ginger, and garlic to your Instant Pot.
- Toss in red onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
- Pour sauce over the beef and veggies.
- Stir to coat.
- Place lid on instant pot and lock into place.
- Close the steam vent.
- Set to manual or pressure cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, let it sit for 5 minutes before releasing the steam.
- Server over rice or cauliflower rice.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 104mg Sodium: 731mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 35g